D-Squared Musings – Week 48
🤖 OpenAI developer presentations
- After the main keynote was released on OpenAI Devday a series of follow-up videos were shared going into more detail for each of the major announcements. I highly recommend listening to each, here are a few that caught my eye 1 – 2 – 3 – 4. O… And as I was drafting this newsletter, I saw that Sam Altman was fired from OpenAI as CEO, interesting times.
- I found this top ten list pretty insightful. Note that there’s a good amount of grammar, spelling, and dead links, but it’s a first draft, so kind of expected. Also, I’m not convinced that “over-reliance” and “excessive agency” are valid candidates for this list. Might write more on why I believe that’s the case in future posts.
- Matt’s vision and confidence in what the future of programming looks like are compelling. A world where humans are abstracted so far away from the code, that only the machines can read it sounds far off, but so did talking to a computer like a human.
- I learned about Peter’s rule of 1 gram per pound of body weight many months ago after reading his book Outlive. He makes a very compelling argument that as we age it’s critical to sustain as much muscle mass as possible.
- The TLDR here is that continuous movement and avoiding specific postures for too long is the key. Not trying to stand up “straight” in an abnormal and likely unhealthy position.
- This looks interesting and has a good cast.