Salons with Dylan
Purpose: Deep Dive Conversations are special gatherings designed to foster profound, meaningful conversations on diverse topics ranging from applied technology and philosophy in everyday life to personal and professional challenges. The goal is to create a small community where participants can truly connect, share, and learn from one another. Inspired by and recreated to mimic “salons”
Why This Gathering? The intention behind these conversations is to curate a group that embodies traits like active listening, critical thinking, articulation, and vulnerability. It’s about creating a space where individuals can dive deep into conversations, bypassing the usual small talk.
What to Expect:
- A Safe Space: The gathering is a judgment-free zone that promotes open-mindedness and respect.
- Active Listening: Participants are encouraged to truly listen to one another, understanding that the essence of a conversation lies in both speaking and listening.
- Diverse Topics: While a theme will be introduced to initiate the discussion, attendees are free to bring any topic or idea they’re passionate about.
- Commitment: The value of each attendee’s commitment is recognized. If plans change, attendees are requested to inform 48 hours in advance.
- Going Dutch: Everyone is responsible for their own bill, ensuring simplicity.
- Limited Seats: To maintain deep engagement, the gathering is limited to 5 attendees. This isn’t about exclusivity but about ensuring a meaningful experience. Attendees are chosen through a randomized raffle based on RSVPs.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Be Present: Attendees are encouraged to be fully present. Phones should be off or out of sight to foster genuine connections.
- No Small Talk: The aim is to delve into profound conversations, skipping the usual pleasantries.
- Confidentiality: Trust is paramount. What’s shared during the conversation remains confidential.
- Speak from Experience: Attendees are encouraged to speak from personal experiences, using phrases like “I feel” or “In my experience.”
- Respect & Open-mindedness: Differences in perspectives are expected. The key is to approach each topic with an open mind and respect.
- Engage & Participate: While listening is essential, active participation is equally encouraged.
- No-shows: If an attendee doesn’t show up without prior communication, they will not be invited back, out of respect for the community.